Thursday, June 26, 2008

School's Out...

Yay for the kids...school's out! Both boys did very well this year. Jack met all expectations of where he should be for entering into grade 3. The only real improvement he needs to do is with his printing. His teacher feels that he should be able to print faster and neater than he does. (he has a habit of fattening his letters) I'm thinking he might need to go back to the eye dr for a retest. I know he has a problem with depth perseption but I think his vision to see has gotten worse.

Scott is doing well. His report was really great. His third term marks and final marks ended up being the same with 6 B's and 4 A's. His select team we think is finished for the summer. No new games have been scheduled and between you, me and Sam, we think that's nice. lol Scott has actually been asking for 2 years now to do bike racing and well...Sam found one (almost) 2 weeks ago and Scott went and raced. He did pretty well for his first try and has another race coming up this Wed. I got alot of pictures and plan to post some soon. It's called 4x racing as in 4 cross. Confusing I know. I can't believe he's 10 and will be going into grade 5.

George recently celebrated his 3rd birthday and is a very happy, busy and talkative little boy. He's now 38 inches tall and weighs 35lbs. So, he's not exactly small, which I suppose is a good thing considering he's got two older brothers, lol. He can not wait to start Preschool in Sept and sometimes that's all he'll talk about. I have full belief that he will not be sad to see me leave on that first day.

The two older boys will be starting day camp next week and are quite excited about that. And so are we, lol. I hope to get them into swimming lessons for the week after next and it's unfortunate that George will have to wait. I'd like to put him in but he still has the tubes in his ears so the dr said no pools, lakes or bath water. He's had them for a year and half now so I'm curious to see how much longer they stay in. Typically they fall out within 6 months to a year. hmmm...I suppose he still needs them then.

Sam is doing well. He's able to use his hand for many things now although the feeling and strength isn't there yet for other things. He should hopefully be starting hand rehab therapy and will be going back to work soon. We're just waiting to hear as to when he's supposed to start going to rehab. It's apparently a 6 hr everyday for 3 weeks program he will be on and then once he's completed that he should be cleared to go back to work. Fingers crossed that it happens soon!

I think I told you all that I started my own cake decorating business??? Well, I've had a few orders since then and have now completed all 4 courses I was planning to take. I quite enjoyed them and learned alot of new techniques and when offered I might take the advanced flowers class. It's really interesting to see how some of the flowers are made and how realistic they can be. And unlike this blog (I know I'm horrible at updating it, sorry!)...I'm actually pretty good at keeping my website up to date so if your interested in seeing more pics you can see them at http://www.charscakes.com I think I'll put a link up on the right hand side like I have for our photo albums just to make it easier for those interested. Can't say it'll be right away as blogging format seems to be a little tough for me. But as soon as I can figure it out, I'll do it.

Well, I think that's it for now. Hopefully now that it's summer, it'll be a bit easier for me to get on here and post updates. I hate to think that people actually do log on here and keep seeing the same thing over and over again.

No comments: